Luxurious Escapades in Kerala
Kochi – Periyar – Kumarakom – Marari – Kochi
- Day 01: Arrive Kochi
- Meeting assistance on arrival & transfer to Hotel BRUNTON BOTIYARD. The hotel's harbour front facade echoes its colonial antecedents.
- Day 02: Kochi
- Morning half day explore this ancient harbour, with its rich colonial past. Hop into an autorickshaw and explore the old spice market at Matancherry, the antique shop on Jew's street, the Synagogue, the Dutch palace and of course, the famous Chinese fishing nets. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Kochi/Periyar (190 Kms/05 Hrs)
- Morning drive to Periyar the coastal plain, travelling winding hill roads with plantations of rubber, spice and tea. After checking in at SPIVE VILLAGE PRIVATE POOL VILLA. Afternoon reserved for a boat safari in the Periyar sanctuary. Overniht at hotel.
- Day 04: Periyar
- Early mornings are the best time for sightings, and you can expect to spot herds of elephants, bison, deer and spectacular bird life. Not to mention some of the 140 species of orchid that thrive here! Return to hotel for overnight.
- Day 05: Periyar - Kumarakom (120 Kms/03 Hrs)
- Morning driving back down to the coast and the melodically named town of Kumarakom on the banks of lake Vembanad. Here, you hop on to a boat to COCONUT LOGOON PRIVATE POOL VILLA, an eco-friendly resort created from restored heritage homes, set in a web of canals on the banks of the Kavanar river. Evening finds you on a sun-set cruise on the lake, in a converted rice boat, adrift to a flute accompaniment. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 06: Kumarakom
- Morning a short boat ride takes you to 'Philip Kutty's Farm' to see an extraordinary way of life and farming. Remaining day at leisure or you can try for ayurveda massage or can do fishing. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 07 - 10: Kumarakom - Marari (45 min boat transfer & 30 min by road)
- Morning the boat takes you back across lake Vembanad to Puthenangadi, from where a car/coach takes you to Marari Beach Check in at PRIVATE POOL VILLA. You have 4 nights at the Marari beach, a paradise of sun, sea, sand and surf. Modelled on the fishing villages of the coast, this is a beach resort that offers total peace and natural beauty, rather than raucous rave parties.
- Day 11: Marari Kochi Airport (90 kms/02 Hrs)
- It's time to bid farewell. We drive you to the Airport and assist you with all check-in formalities.